End of statement expected error

momo

Help please
I am getting this error: BC30205: End of statement expected.

Here is the code:

public shared function GetMsAccessOledbConnection(ByVal dbPath As String,
ByVal dbID As String, ByVal dbPassword As String)
Dim dbConn As OleDbConnection
Dim dbConnStr As String.Format("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source={0};User ID={1};Password={2}", dbPath, dbID, dbPassword);
return new OleDbConnection(dbConnStr);
End function

Erik Funkenbusch

Help please
I am getting this error: BC30205: End of statement expected.

Here is the code:

public shared function GetMsAccessOledbConnection(ByVal dbPath As String,
ByVal dbID As String, ByVal dbPassword As String)
Dim dbConn As OleDbConnection
Dim dbConnStr As String.Format("Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data
Source={0};User ID={1};Password={2}", dbPath, dbID, dbPassword);
return new OleDbConnection(dbConnStr);
End function

Several major problems with that code.

First, your fucntion doesn't define a return value type.

Second, the code your using for dbConnStr is invalid. You have to say:

Dim dbConnStr As String = String.Format....