End-of-year message / away notice

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Gavin Sinclair, Dec 19, 2004.

  1. Folks,

    I don't want to try to sound important or anything, but since I
    receive comments, questions, suggestions, bug reports, and so on
    fairly regularly, I figured a message to the list would be sensible.

    I'm going to London for a winter holiday between now (roughly) and Jan
    25. The best way to reach me would be gsinclair AT gmail DOT com.

    It's been a good year for Ruby. Pickaxe II and Rails have done a
    great job at supporting the community and expanding it. RPA and
    RubyGems are fulfilling a need that's been felt for years. And
    useful, creative, crazy, and interesting projects are being created
    all the time ...

    ... which leads me to direct my sincere thanks to Tom Copeland and
    Rich Kilmer for providing us with RubyForge. It's become a rock on
    which this community stands, and the continued effort they put in to
    support and improve this service is wonderful, and something I'm sure
    we all gratefully acknowledge.

    A happy downtime season to you all.

    Cheers,
    Gavin