End-of-year message / away notice

Gavin Sinclair

Folks,

I don't want to try to sound important or anything, but since I
receive comments, questions, suggestions, bug reports, and so on
fairly regularly, I figured a message to the list would be sensible.

I'm going to London for a winter holiday between now (roughly) and Jan
25. The best way to reach me would be gsinclair AT gmail DOT com.

It's been a good year for Ruby. Pickaxe II and Rails have done a
great job at supporting the community and expanding it. RPA and
RubyGems are fulfilling a need that's been felt for years. And
useful, creative, crazy, and interesting projects are being created
all the time ...

... which leads me to direct my sincere thanks to Tom Copeland and
Rich Kilmer for providing us with RubyForge. It's become a rock on
which this community stands, and the continued effort they put in to
support and improve this service is wonderful, and something I'm sure
we all gratefully acknowledge.

A happy downtime season to you all.

Cheers,
Gavin