End Session, start new

Michael

Here is how it goes in simpliest terms.

We have a link to an ecommernce page, it uses sessions
(which we do not have access to change)

I want to create a popup window that will create a new
Internet Explorer browser to open (at a page i specify).
I dont mean like the javascript where it just opens a
window and contains all the info that u have (same as if
you hit ctl-n) I mean lauching Internet Explorer new
again, going to this specific site to aviod the session
that it is already in?

Do you understand waht i mean? And if so is there a way
to do this?

Dave Anderson

Michael said:
I want to create a popup window that will create a new
Internet Explorer browser to open (at a page i specify).
I dont mean like the javascript where it just opens a
window and contains all the info that u have (same as if
you hit ctl-n) I mean lauching Internet Explorer new
again, going to this specific site to aviod the session
that it is already in?

There used to be a "Browse in Separate Process" setting in Internet
Explorer, but it disappeared with IE 5.01 (I believe that was the version).
Since then, the session management decision has been Internet Explorer's,
and what a whimsical one it is. Factors that affect this include available
machine resources and possibly P3P headers on the web site.

In short, I don't know how to do it without killing the current session.

--
Dave Anderson

Egbert Nierop \(MVP for IIS\)

Michael said:
Here is how it goes in simpliest terms.

We have a link to an ecommernce page, it uses sessions
(which we do not have access to change)

If you want separate sessions, be sure that the ecommerce site, does not
share the same IIS application. (See the MMC console, to create a separate
application)