Ended debugging, program still ran

MikeL

Hello,

This has happened a few time to me.

I set a breakpoint in my ASP.Net app and, when it is hit, I end the app by
clicking the "Stop Debugging" button, but the code that would have run after
the breakpoint runs anyway.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

ChrisG

Are you sure you are not running your program in release mode? If so it'll
need to be in debug mode to add the symbols to the doc before it runs...

Chris.

MikeL

Hi, Chris. Thanks for responding.

You may be on to something there. It was in Release mode, I changed it to
Debug and ran the program. Not sure if I recompiled it, not sure I need to
since VS does this automatically.

Also I have the project under source control and perhaps the DLL and PDB
files were not checked out.

I'll have another look at it.

Thanks again,

Mike