EndRequest Event is not handled

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Sherif ElMetainy, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Hello

    I want to handle the System.Web.HttpApplication.EndRequest event

    i use the following code
    System.Web.HttpContext.Current.ApplicationInstance.EndRequest += new
    EventHandler(EndRequestHandler);
    by EndRequestHandler method is never called.

    I tried to make look around with ildasm for when the method that fires
    EndRequest, but I got completely lost. MSDN documentation says the
    CompleteRequest method causes EndRequest to be called, but I looked at its
    IL code, it only sets a field _requestCompleted to true.

    The Global.asax.cs method Application_EndRequest is getting called without a
    problem. I debuged the application to see what method calls
    Application_EndRequest, I looked at the call stack, but to my surprise,
    there is only Application_EndRequest in the call stack, and below it is
    <non-user code>. I also checked the cs compilation source for Global.asax
    in the Temp ASP.NET files folder, still not clue.

    I need to know wh is my EndReqeustHandler not being called, and how does the
    process work? How is the Application_EndRequest is wired to the page event
    chain.

    Thanks a lot for reading and help

    Best Regards

    Sherif