    Where can I get the information such as example and howto for Mail:Send CPAN
    module? I visited CPAN site but don't understand after reading.

    Thanks in advance.

    Dolphin, Apr 4, 2006

  2. Dolphin wrote:

    > Where can I get the information such as example and howto for Mail:Send CPAN
    > module? I visited CPAN site but don't understand after reading.

    Well, I'ld say there isn't much more to say about Mail::Send.

    Here is a stripped example to play around with:

    #!/usr/bin/perl
    use strict;
    use warnings;
    use Mail::Send;

    my $msg = new Mail::Send;
    $msg->to('');
    $msg->subject('Lunch today ?');

    # which mail program you want to use
    my $fh = $msg->open('sendmail');

    # print the body of the email
    print $fh 'Lunch 12:30 in Café de Gare ?';

    # close the mail
    $fh->close;

    But I think you would make a better choice by using Net::SMTP or a
    classic pipe command to your favourite mail sending program.

    --
    Bart

    Bart Van der Donck, Apr 4, 2006