<ENTER> key constant of JAVA.

Discussion in 'Java' started by Thomas Fritsch, Aug 10, 2007.

  1. Thomas Fritsch, Aug 10, 2007

  2. Thomas Fritsch wrote:
    > Eitan M wrote:
    >> Where can I find all the virtual key (<enter> or <return>) as constant
    >> values ?

    > http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/awt/event/KeyEvent.html#VK_ENTER

    Years ago, on one Solaris machine I found the numeric gave an unusual
    high value (65 thousand odd). Presumably just an odd configuration
    somewhere. Running this machine with Solaris and a Sun keyboard produced
    the expected value.

    Tom Hawtin

    Thomas Hawtin, Aug 10, 2007

  3. Thomas Fritsch

    Eitan M Guest

    Hello.
    Where can I find all the virtual key (<enter> or <return>) as constant
    values ?

    Thanks :)

    Eitan M, Aug 10, 2007
  4. Thomas Fritsch

    Eitan M Guest

    Thanks .

    Eitan M, Aug 10, 2007
  5. Thomas Fritsch

    Guest

    On Aug 10, 10:35 am, "Eitan M" <nospam@nospam_please.com> wrote:
    > Thanks .

    If you want code that is reliable on all machines you should look in
    the KeyEvent class for the constants. for example the constant for
    enter is 'KeyEvent.vk_enter'.
    All the keys have their constants with the prefix 'vk_' you can look
    in the constants section of the KeyEvent html document to find the
    names of all the constants.

    , Aug 10, 2007