Entering DataList EditItemTemplate from Outside of the DataList

Luis Esteban Valencia

Is it possible to enter the EditItemTemplate of a Datalist from outside of
the DataList?

For example:

I have a Webform with a datagrid of data displaying only 3 fields and a
hyperlink to edit for each entry. When the edit button is clicked, I would
like to take the user to the EditItemTemplate of a DataList in another
Webform, which contains all the fields that they can edit. Is this possible?

Thanks.

John Saunders

Luis Esteban Valencia said:
Is it possible to enter the EditItemTemplate of a Datalist from outside of
the DataList?

For example:

I have a Webform with a datagrid of data displaying only 3 fields and a
hyperlink to edit for each entry. When the edit button is clicked, I would
like to take the user to the EditItemTemplate of a DataList in another
Webform, which contains all the fields that they can edit. Is this
possible?

How would you "take the user ... to another Webform"?

John Saunders