Enterprise Library for .NET Framework 2.0 - January 2006

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by rockdale, Aug 28, 2006.

  1. rockdale

    rockdale Guest

    hi, I just downloaded Microsoft Enterprise Library Jan 2006 and try to
    integrate it into my asp.net application. As i am going to connect to
    mySQL database, I need to include the source code in my project so that
    I can debug better. But I all those examples I found are reference the
    compiled dll only.

    What are the steps to include the source code of Microsoft Enterprise
    Library into my project?

    I created a new dir and copy Microsoft Enterprise Library source code
    under my new dir.

    But when I put

    using Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data;
    using Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Sql;

    in my class. I got error
    The type or namespace name "Practices" does not exist in the namespace
    "Microsoft"( are you missing an assembly reference?)

    Also, I just noticed that there is no namespace in your class in
    VS2005?

    As I need to connect to MySQL and MSSQL, I put
    <connectionStrings>
    <add name="MSSQL"
    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"
    connectionString= "myCOnnectionString" />

    <add name="MySql"
    providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"
    connectionString="myConnectionString" />
    </connectionStrings>
    <dataConfiguration
    defaultDatabase="MSSQL"/>

    into my web.config file, but I got error - could not find schema
    information for the attribute "defaultDatabase"
    Does DAAB has its own config file, if it has, where and what's the name
    of the config file. Do I need to put this configuration into config
    file that DAAB

    Please bear with me since I just upgrade to VS2005 from VS2003

    Thanks a lot
    -rockdale
    rockdale, Aug 28, 2006

  2. rockdale

    Siva M Guest

    Include the entprise library source projects in your (Visual Studio)
    solution and then add reference to those projects from yours (that is ent
    lib projects and yours should be in the same solution).

    Siva M, Aug 28, 2006

  3. rockdale

    rockdale Guest

    Thanks;

    Did what you told, still get errors

    Error 1 Metadata file 'C:\WorkSpace\Microsoft Enterprise Library
    January
    2006\Src\Configuration\Design\bin\Release\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Design.dll'
    could not be found

    Should not I move the EntLib directory from Program Files to my
    directory "workspwace"?

    Thanks again
    -rockdale

    rockdale, Aug 28, 2006
  4. rockdale

    Siva M Guest

    Check that the ent.lib projcts have been compiled. Try building the complete
    solution (menu Build |Rebuild Solution...).

    Siva M, Aug 28, 2006
  5. rockdale

    rockdale Guest

    That's what I did, but got no luck.
    As I right click on my project and then add reference, I can see all
    those block are in the reference list.

    This was what I did

    right click on my solution, add ->exist projects...
    then Add Existing Project window popup
    change Fies or Type to sulotion Files(*.sln)

    Then choose EnterpriseLibrary.sln under Microsoft Enterprise Library
    directory. (This directory is not the destination directory when I
    installed the EntLib, I copied it to the same directory with my project
    since I do not want it residents under program files)

    What did I do wrong?

    Thanks a lot
    -rockdale

    rockdale, Aug 28, 2006
  6. rockdale

    rockdale Guest

    I also tried to add Data, Common and ObjectBuilder 3 csProj only, still
    got the same error

    Any idea?
    -rockdale

    rockdale, Aug 28, 2006
  7. rockdale

    rockdale Guest

    With these 3 blocks, I right click on common and rebuild it, succeed.
    right click on ObjectBuilder and rebuild succeed.
    But right click on Data and rebuild failed with error

    Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Common' does not exist in the
    namespace 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary' (are you missing an
    assembly reference?) C:\WorkSpace\Microsoft Enterprise Library January
    2006\src\Data\Instrumentation\DataInstrumentationListenerBuilder.cs

    Please help

    rockdale, Aug 28, 2006
  8. rockdale

    rockdale Guest

    I figured it out. You still need to add the reference for these
    projects. e.g I have to add
    \debug\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll and
    \debug\Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ObjectBuilder.dll to
    project Data.
    Don't know is it the right solution, but it works.

    -thanks

    rockdale, Aug 29, 2006