Enterprise Library June 2005 - DAAB Encryption Problem

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jules, Jul 18, 2007.

  1. Jules

    Jules Guest

    I'm trying to encrypt my dataConfiguration.config using Enterprise
    Library config util. I set up my File Key Algorithm Storage Provider
    to create a key file using RijndaelManaged algorithm and using key
    generated by EL wizard - config file is encrypted fine - key looks
    fine - as soon as my app code hits a point where it needs to decrypt
    the config in order to get the connection string, I get the following
    error message:

    The KeyAlgorithmPair could not be loaded from storage.

    [InvalidOperationException: The KeyAlgorithmPair could not be loaded
    from storage.]

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.ConfigurationProtector.SetDataToBeEncrypted(ConfigurationContext
    context)

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.ConfigurationProtector.Load(ConfigurationContext
    context, String sectionName)

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.RuntimeConfigurationView.GetConfigurationProtector(String
    sectionName)

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Storage.XmlFileStorageProvider.LoadXmlFile(String
    fileName)

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.Storage.XmlFileStorageProvider.Read()

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.ConfigurationBuilder.ReadConfiguration(String
    sectionName)

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.ConfigurationContext.GetConfiguration(String
    sectionName)

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.DatabaseConfigurationView.GetDatabaseSettings()

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.DatabaseConfigurationView.GetDatabaseProviderData(String
    instanceName)

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.DatabaseProviderFactory.GetConfigurationType(String
    instanceName)

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.ConfigurationFactory.CreateInstance(String
    configurationName)

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.DatabaseProviderFactory.CreateDatabase(String
    instanceName)

    Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.DatabaseFactory.CreateDatabase(String
    instanceName)
    Ctd.Petrol.BusinessObjects.DataAccess.DataAccessBase..cctor() in c:
    \vss\library\ctd\apps\petrol\source\ctd.petrol.businessobjects
    \dataaccess\dataaccessbase.cs:12

    Any help much appreciated.
    Jules, Jul 18, 2007