    Machine Policy distributed to all your computers and an Enterprise Policy
    distributed to all the machines?

    Olav

    Olav Tollefsen, May 4, 2005

  2. There's essentially no difference at all unless you plan your policy
    deployment in such a way as to take advantage of both policy levels. For
    example, one approach might be to use the enterprise policy level to
    specify the most permissive policy that should ever be allowed on any
    machine in the deployment pool, then allow local organizations to further
    restrict this via the machine policy level. For example, some machines
    might not need to run any managed code off the intranet or internet, so it
    might be reasonable to grant no permissions at all to such code on those
    machines.

    Nicole Calinoiu, May 4, 2005