Enterprise-Ruby Wish List by Francis Cianfrocca

Joel VanderWerf

Austin said:
Better yet: don't. Better to use a Wiki that does other proactive
stuff. Most CAPTCHA implementations wouldn't even remotely pass any
disability testing.

What about quizzing the user on ruby?

For example:

Complete the following expression so that it evaluates to true:

[1,2,____].last == 3

It might be an interesting rubyquiz to _generate_ such questions. There
should be enough variety in the questions to prevent bots from solving
them. They should also have fairly obvious meaning (like this one) so
that you don't have to be a ruby expert to solve them.

James Edward Gray II

Austin said:
Better yet: don't. Better to use a Wiki that does other proactive
stuff. Most CAPTCHA implementations wouldn't even remotely pass any
disability testing.

What about quizzing the user on ruby?

For example:

Complete the following expression so that it evaluates to true:

[1,2,____].last == 3

It might be an interesting rubyquiz to _generate_ such questions.

We did a quasi similar problem already:

http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz48.html

James Edward Gray II

Joel VanderWerf

James said:
Austin said:
I googled RPA and all I got was a wiki filled with spam.

Here is a suggestion for people running wikis and trac.

Use captcha.
Better yet: don't. Better to use a Wiki that does other proactive
stuff. Most CAPTCHA implementations wouldn't even remotely pass any
disability testing.

What about quizzing the user on ruby?

For example:

Complete the following expression so that it evaluates to true:

[1,2,____].last == 3

It might be an interesting rubyquiz to _generate_ such questions.

We did a quasi similar problem already:

http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz48.html

James Edward Gray II

That quiz must have been kicking around my subconscious....

Anybody using that for bot-prevention?

M. Edward (Ed) Borasky

Austin said:
Better yet: don't. Better to use a Wiki that does other proactive
stuff. Most CAPTCHA implementations wouldn't even remotely pass any
disability testing.

-austin
Yeah ... it took me five tries to get by a captcha yesterday. The
background was so intense that I couldn't read some of the letters, and
the "generate new image" button didn't work! I had to back out and
reload the "register new account" page.

Peña, Botp

On Behalf Of Mauricio Fernandez:
# I have restored most of the wiki=20
# (http://rpa-base.rubyforge.org/) and disabled
# modifications for the time being.=20

rpa's manifesto (and the initial program) is impressive. very useful for =
enterprise/production need especially the strict documentation and =
testing (package wont install if test fails). It would also be useful if =
there is a performance test included. If package fails performance test, =
it would not install, too.

i really hope rpa would continue. Can't rpa read gems, and thereby =
rpa-fied it?

kind regards -botp