    I am little bit confused how it differ from other commerical software
    applications.

    please advise. thanks!!

    Matt, Sep 2, 2004

  2. Matt

    Oscar kind Guest

    Matt <> wrote:
    > I want to know the definition of enterprise software application?? For
    > example, J2EE applications, is it just a software for enterprise use?
    > I am little bit confused how it differ from other commerical software
    > applications.

    Enterprise software is, AFAIK, indeed software used in enterprises.
    However, if with "enterprise" you refer to the first "E" in J2EE, it's a
    whole different ball game.

    J2EE applications are applications run with a J2EE application server.
    These applications are used for server-based applications, as commonly
    found in enterprises (as it greatly simplified upgrades). Also, these
    applications make it easier to do business over the internet (all a
    customer needs is a browser).

    Examples of J2EE applications are:
    - Web applications (optionally packaged in a .war file)
    - EJB applications (usefull for a SOAP server)
    - Enterprise applications (note the absence of "software")
    These contain one or more web and/or ejb applications, and optionally
    client applications that directly call the EJB's. They're packages in
    .ear files.

    --
    Oscar Kind http://home.hccnet.nl/okind/

    Oscar kind, Sep 4, 2004