    intermediate results.

    Thanks!

    -Roger Jones
    RMJ, Jun 15, 2004

  2. Roger,

    On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 10:32:14AM -0700, RMJ wrote:
    > After installing Enthought's python and typing 'python' from within
    > cygwin the program hangs with no output. I do not remember this being
    > the case with earlier versions of Enthought python. Is this version
    > not compatible with cygwin? Or, is there some configuration file that
    > needs changing? It does run successfully with 'python somecode.py'
    > -but without printing out intermediate results.

    There are some known "tty" issues when running native Win32 programs
    under Cygwin. They typical manifest themselves under rxvt and (IIRC)
    when CYGWIN=tty. Try using bash (instead of rxvt) and CYGWIN=notty.

    BTW, Cygwin Python does not have any of these issues. If you don't need
    any Win32 Python features, then you may want to use this version
    instead.

    Jason

    Fingerprint: 7A73 1405 7F2B E669 C19D 8784 1AFD E4CC ECF4 8EF6
    Jason Tishler, Jun 15, 2004

  3. RMJ

    RMJ Guest

    Jason,

    Adding a line Set CYGWIN="notty" in the Cygwin-Tcsh.bat file now enables me
    to run Enthought python. Thank you for your help! I like this version
    because it has the Scipy packages, etc pre-installed.

    -Roger Jones

    RMJ, Jun 16, 2004
  4. Roger,

    On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 05:40:49PM -0700, RMJ wrote:
    > Adding a line Set CYGWIN="notty" in the Cygwin-Tcsh.bat file now
    > enables me to run Enthought python. Thank you for your help!

    You are quite welcome.

    > I like this version because it has the Scipy packages, etc
    > pre-installed.

    No problem. I mentioned Cygwin Python just in case CYGWIN=notty didn't
    work.

    Jason Tishler, Jun 16, 2004