Entire page gets refreshed after AJAX request

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by arunprabu@gmail.com, Sep 21, 2006.

    I have a problecm with the AJAX request in my webpage. I have some
    filters on top of the page. I have a submit button and an empty div
    below the filters.

    Some of the filters have ajax requests to update the content within the
    filters. For example, I have 2 drop downs, one for state and another
    for country. When I select a country in the country drop down, an ajax
    request is sent to fetch appropriate list of states and updates the
    state drop down.

    The first time the page loaded, I select the country, then the state
    list is loaded thru AJAX request and I select the state and click on
    submit button. The DIV below is refreshed with the resultant content
    thru AJAX request. The resultant content displays a table with large no
    of rows. Each row ahs atleast 4 CSS classes with images used as
    background.

    So far everything is fine. On each AJAX request, the appropriate action
    happens and only the control to be refreshed is getting reloaded and
    everything is quick.

    Now once I have the 1000s of rows displayed, If I change the country,
    the state drop down is refreshed and also the status bar shows it down
    loads the images I have used in the CSS for the result rows. But the
    page doesn't look refreshed. It takes a long time for the browser to
    download the background images for each row in the table. But the
    content doesn't seem to refreshing.

    Anyone has any idea why this happens and what could be the issue. I use
    Telerik Drop down and AJAX panel for the filters and AJAX requests.

    Thanks in advance
    , Sep 21, 2006