    considered best practices

    --
    Chris

    Veign, Mar 30, 2006

  2. Veign wrote:

    > This may be a stupid question but I can't find any conclusive information
    > on it. Should you use entity code in META tags (like keyword or
    > descriptions)?

    The rules are no different to anywhere else. Does the character have special
    meaning there (e.g. end of attribute value?) or does it not exist in the
    character encoding you are using? If yes to either, then it should be
    represented by an entity.

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Mar 30, 2006

  3. Veign

    Veign Guest

    That's what I figured but found nothing that specifically discussed entity
    code in META tags.

    Thanx for the heads up...

    --
    Chris

    Veign, Mar 30, 2006
  4. Veign wrote:

    > That's what I figured but found nothing that specifically discussed entity
    > code in META tags.

    That's because there is nothing specific about entity representational in
    meta data. Its exactly the same as everywhere else.

    And were you responding to something?

    Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

    David Dorward, Mar 31, 2006
  5. David Dorward wrote:

    > The rules are no different to anywhere else. Does the character have special
    > meaning there (e.g. end of attribute value?) or does it not exist in the
    > character encoding you are using? If yes to either, then it should be
    > represented by an entity.

    Or as character reference, such as ā. People often get upset when
    they need (or think they need) a way to "escape" a character and then
    find out that there is no predefined entity for it. Character references
    do just as fine or better.

    Jukka K. Korpela, Mar 31, 2006