Entity DTD Declarations and Whitespace

tastyrerun

I have the following entity defined in my DTD:

<!ENTITY % I_ScoreModel " scoremodel ( SumOfScores |
WeightedSumOfScores | Scaled | PassFail | Mapped | Scripted | IRT )
#IMPLIED">

I have been asked to add another value to the list of "Taken Grade".
The problem is the presence of whitespace. How can I either this
declaration to allow for "Taken Grade" or add the value in a way that
allows the space?

Changing the declaration to TakenGrade, my first suggestion, causes a
whole different set of issues with our client so I'm hoping I don't
have to go that route. Any advice would be great, thanks!

Ryan
ryan dot sutter at pearson dot com

Bjoern Hoehrmann

* tastyrerun wrote in comp.text.xml:
I have the following entity defined in my DTD:

<!ENTITY % I_ScoreModel " scoremodel ( SumOfScores |
WeightedSumOfScores | Scaled | PassFail | Mapped | Scripted | IRT )
#IMPLIED">

I have been asked to add another value to the list of "Taken Grade".
The problem is the presence of whitespace. How can I either this
declaration to allow for "Taken Grade" or add the value in a way that
allows the space?

Changing the declaration to TakenGrade, my first suggestion, causes a
whole different set of issues with our client so I'm hoping I don't
have to go that route. Any advice would be great, thanks!

You cannot have spaces in enumerated values, you have to use CDATA as
type instead and replicate the constraints where needed, or use another
value without a space, as you suggest.