    Has anyone done a comparison of entity EJBs with products such as Hibernate?

    Thanks.

    Steve
    Steve, Sep 25, 2005

  2. Steve wrote:
    > Has anyone done a comparison of entity EJBs with products such as Hibernate?

    I haven't, but let's put it this way: most people who used entity EJBs
    were quite dissatisfied with the experience. The next version of EJB is
    supposed to be "based on" hibernate (for certain values of "based on").

    I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

    Ray

    --
    XML is the programmer's duct tape.
    Raymond DeCampo, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Raymond DeCampo <> writes:

    > I haven't, but let's put it this way: most people who used entity
    > EJBs were quite dissatisfied with the experience. The next version of
    > EJB is supposed to be "based on" hibernate (for certain values of
    > "based on").

    The value seems to be "use whatever persistence framework you like
    underneath, we default to JDO".

    As with the BMP vs. CMP case, the EJB lifecycle isn't dependent on how
    ejbStore() and ejbLoad() are actually implemented, and they might as
    well use Hibernate.
    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Sep 28, 2005