    e.g. available secondhand? Platform is Pentium HT running XP Home
    Edition.

    Thanks for any ideas.
    pacjin, Jun 1, 2006

  2. pacjin

    Moonlit Guest

    You can download Visual C++ Express for free from microsoft.

    It is however not second hand

    --

    Regards, Ron AF Greve

    http://moonlit.xs4all.nl

    Moonlit, Jun 1, 2006

  3. pacjin

    Noah Roberts Guest

    pacjin wrote:
    > Hi, I've taken a couple of online C++ courses, progammed extensively in
    > other procedural languages, want ot start writing engineering apps in
    > C++. Can someone suggest a cheap, adequate development environment,
    > e.g. available secondhand? Platform is Pentium HT running XP Home
    > Edition.

    mingw.
    Noah Roberts, Jun 1, 2006
  4. pacjin

    Luke Meyers Guest

    pacjin wrote:
    > Hi, I've taken a couple of online C++ courses, progammed extensively in
    > other procedural languages, want ot start writing engineering apps in
    > C++. Can someone suggest a cheap, adequate development environment,
    > e.g. available secondhand? Platform is Pentium HT running XP Home
    > Edition.

    Emacs.

    Luke
    Luke Meyers, Jun 1, 2006
  5. pacjin

    red floyd Guest

    Luke Meyers wrote:
    > pacjin wrote:
    >> Hi, I've taken a couple of online C++ courses, progammed extensively in
    >> other procedural languages, want ot start writing engineering apps in
    >> C++. Can someone suggest a cheap, adequate development environment,
    >> e.g. available secondhand? Platform is Pentium HT running XP Home
    >> Edition.

    > Emacs.
    >
    > Luke

    He said "IDE", not "Operating System" :p

    [Let the flame wars begin :)]
    red floyd, Jun 1, 2006
  6. pacjin

    rossum Guest

    On 1 Jun 2006 12:38:22 -0700, "pacjin" <> wrote:

    >Hi, I've taken a couple of online C++ courses, progammed extensively in
    >other procedural languages, want ot start writing engineering apps in
    >C++. Can someone suggest a cheap, adequate development environment,
    >e.g. available secondhand? Platform is Pentium HT running XP Home
    >Edition.
    >
    >Thanks for any ideas.

    Try Dev-C++ from www.bloodshed.net, not second hand but it is free.

    rossum
    rossum, Jun 2, 2006
  7. pacjin

    pacjin Guest

    pacjin wrote:
    > Hi, I've taken a couple of online C++ courses, progammed extensively in
    > other procedural languages, want ot start writing engineering apps in
    > C++. Can someone suggest a cheap, adequate development environment,
    > e.g. available secondhand? Platform is Pentium HT running XP Home
    > Edition.
    >
    > Thanks for any ideas.

    Thanks to everyone who responded. MS VC++ and Bloodshed/MinGW look
    good, will check them out.
    pacjin, Jun 6, 2006