EOL for Python 3.2?

David Dillard

With the release of Python 3.3.0 does that mean the 3.2.x line is now end of life?

I've looked for some sort of end of life policy on python.org, but was unable to find one.

Andrew Berg

With the release of Python 3.3.0 does that mean the 3.2.x line is now end of life?
No. Old releases get security fixes for years.
I've looked for some sort of end of life policy on python.org, but was unable to find one.
http://www.python.org/download/releases/

If you go to a version, it will tell you the status. For example, 3.1.x
and 2.6.x still get security fixes, but 2.5.6 is the absolute last
release of 2.5 - it will NOT receive updates of any kind. Unless the
page states otherwise, it is pretty safe to assume that the release is
maintained.

Terry Reedy

With the release of Python 3.3.0 does that mean the 3.2.x line is now
end of life?

The next release (3.2.4, soon) will by the last 3.2 bugfix. Then 3 years
for security fixes.
I've looked for some sort of end of life policy on python.org, but
was unable to find one.

Don't know where written, but last 3.x bugfix about the time of
3.(x+1).0 and 3 years security is standard.