EOL for Python 3.2?

Discussion in 'Python' started by David Dillard, Sep 29, 2012.

  1. With the release of Python 3.3.0 does that mean the 3.2.x line is now end of life?

    I've looked for some sort of end of life policy on python.org, but was unable to find one.

    David Dillard, Sep 29, 2012

  2. David Dillard

    Andrew Berg Guest

    On 2012.09.29 15:03, David Dillard wrote:
    > With the release of Python 3.3.0 does that mean the 3.2.x line is now end of life?

    No. Old releases get security fixes for years.

    > I've looked for some sort of end of life policy on python.org, but was unable to find one.

    http://www.python.org/download/releases/

    If you go to a version, it will tell you the status. For example, 3.1.x
    and 2.6.x still get security fixes, but 2.5.6 is the absolute last
    release of 2.5 - it will NOT receive updates of any kind. Unless the
    page states otherwise, it is pretty safe to assume that the release is
    maintained.
    --
    CPython 3.3.0 | Windows NT 6.1.7601.17835

    Andrew Berg, Sep 29, 2012

  3. David Dillard

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 9/29/2012 4:03 PM, David Dillard wrote:
    > With the release of Python 3.3.0 does that mean the 3.2.x line is now
    > end of life?

    The next release (3.2.4, soon) will by the last 3.2 bugfix. Then 3 years
    for security fixes.

    > I've looked for some sort of end of life policy on python.org, but
    > was unable to find one.

    Don't know where written, but last 3.x bugfix about the time of
    3.(x+1).0 and 3 years security is standard.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Sep 30, 2012