EPS Tiff Preview

amit gupta

Hello,

I am using QuarkXPress on Macintosh to generate EPS Files with Tiff
Preview embedded in it.
I have written some C code to extract Tiff Preview from EPS files
generated which works pretty well.
I want do some image manipulation on the extracted tiff images, for
which I intend to use LibTiff on Macintosh.

The problem right now I am facing is that LibTiff api TIFFOpen returns
a NULL pointer when used with tiff images extracted from

EPS files, whereas it returns a valid pointer for normal Tiff images.

Sample code snippet :

TIFF* ptrTiff = TIFFOpen("TiffPreview.tif", "rb");
If(ptrTiff)
TIFFClose(ptrTiff);

Is there any difference between a normal Tiff Image and Tiff Preview
Image Extracted from EPS.

Thanks in Advance !!

-Amit Gupta

mlimber

amit said:
I am using QuarkXPress on Macintosh to generate EPS Files with Tiff
Preview embedded in it.
I have written some C code to extract Tiff Preview from EPS files
generated which works pretty well.
I want do some image manipulation on the extracted tiff images, for
which I intend to use LibTiff on Macintosh.

The problem right now I am facing is that LibTiff api TIFFOpen returns
a NULL pointer when used with tiff images extracted from

EPS files, whereas it returns a valid pointer for normal Tiff images.

Sample code snippet :

TIFF* ptrTiff = TIFFOpen("TiffPreview.tif", "rb");
If(ptrTiff)
TIFFClose(ptrTiff);

Is there any difference between a normal Tiff Image and Tiff Preview
Image Extracted from EPS.

You're asking in the wrong newsgroup. You'll want to ask in a group
that deals with LibTiff. (Is it a Mac-specific library? If so, ask on a
Mac group.) This group deals with the standard C++ language, not
third-party libraries (see
http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.9).

Cheers! --M