equal sign in value portion of xml tag

Martin Honnen

johndesp said:
I am building an xml document to represent a url request. Some urls
contain d equal signs appended to the url. Its important I preserve
the equal sign in hte xml document. However, my parser is giving me
errors when attempting to parse this document.

<url>http://www.whatever.com/techexec/techout.nsf/home.htm?openform&login=1</url>

How can I use an equal sign in value part of an element as original
text?

I don't think it is the = sign, it is the ampersand &, you need to
escape that in XML as
&amp;
It shouldn't hurt you if you transform the <url>...</url> element to
some HTML