Equivalent of SystemVerilog DPI-C for VHDL FLI

tkvhdl

It would be great if VHDL could have a standard C-interface similar to
SystemVerilog's DPI (not restricted to C), rather than always having
to write vendor specific or PLI type code for each routine one needs
to use.
I'd like to see this get into the next VHDL standard but I have no
idea where I could propose this. I tried (e-mail address removed) but didn't
see my question forwarded to the list. Where is a good VHDL forum with
active users and vendors?

tkvhdl

The correct place is

http://www.accellera.org/activities/vhdl

VHDL 2008 contains a standard, VHPI, which is supported well by Aldec
and Cadence simulators. However like you say, it's a PLI type standard -
but at least it's a standard.

regards
Alan

P.S. Mini-advert

Another plan is to use SystemC as a wrapper. My colleague John Aynsley
is doing a webinar looking at both VHPI and SystemC approaches:

Seehttp://www.aldec.com/Events/default.aspx
It's called "Simulate VHDL and C together!"

Thanks Alan, I'll check it out.
I tried the Accellera page and it says :
*If you are not an Accellera member and would like to join this group,
please contact the Working Group Chair.*

but no contact info is listed!

HT-Lab

On 29/04/10 00:11, (e-mail address removed) wrote: ...

Thanks Alan, I'll check it out.
I tried the Accellera page and it says :
*If you are not an Accellera member and would like to join this group,
please contact the Working Group Chair.*

but no contact info is listed!

Try (e-mail address removed)

Hans
www.ht-lab.com