Eric - "No module named MainWindow"

Discussion in 'Python' started by Phil, Feb 17, 2013.

  1. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Thank you for reading this.

    I've been playing with Eric all day and I almost have a working GUI
    application, but not quite. I have followed the two tutorials on the
    Eric site and I'm sure that I haven't miss entered anything and so I
    think the error is the result of something missing from my system or
    perhaps a path error.

    This is the error message:

    The debugged program raised the exception unhandled ImportError
    "No module named MainWindow"
    File: /home/phil/main.py, Line: 4

    And this is the code:

    !/usr/bin/python

    from PyQt4.QtGui import QApplication
    from ui.MainWindow import MainWindow

    def main():
    import sys
    app = QApplication(sys.argv)
    wnd = MainWindow()
    wnd.show()
    sys.exit(app.exec_())

    if __name__ == '__main__':
    main()

    I have tried mainWindow and mainwindow as well so it appears not to be a
    case error.

    --
    Regards,
    Phil