Eric /Qt documentation / how-to?

Stewart Midwinter

I'm trying to get an idea of how the Eric3 IDE works. I've got it
installed and running, and also have the Qt Designer installed and
running. Thanks to a a tutorial I found in the Qt section of the
moinmoin at python.org, I have figured out how to use .ui files in a
python script to create my GUI. So far, so good.

What I don't see is the value I would get from using Eric3. I mean, I
can use the Scintilla editor on a standalone basis, and launch Qt
Designer manually. What extra value would I get by using Eric3? Is
there a way to create .py files out of .ui files by using Eric3?

Lastly, is there any documentation that explains how to make best use of
Eric3?

thanks
Stewart

Lee Harr

I'm trying to get an idea of how the Eric3 IDE works. I've got it
installed and running, and also have the Qt Designer installed and
running. Thanks to a a tutorial I found in the Qt section of the
moinmoin at python.org, I have figured out how to use .ui files in a
python script to create my GUI. So far, so good.

What I don't see is the value I would get from using Eric3. I mean, I
can use the Scintilla editor on a standalone basis, and launch Qt
Designer manually. What extra value would I get by using Eric3? Is
there a way to create .py files out of .ui files by using Eric3?

I think the killer feature of eric is either debugging or refactoring.
Take a look for docs mentioning "bicycle repair man"