eric3, pyqt, qscintilla - guru needed.

Discussion in 'Python' started by reh, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. reh

    reh Guest

    Have installed on Redhat 9.0 in the following order;

    Qscintilla
    sip
    PyQt

    When I install eric3 (python install.py), I get this error;
    Sorry, please install QScintilla and/or reinstall
    PyQt with QScintilla support.

    It seems the errors occurs in the install.py file at:
    from qtext import QextScintilla

    From qtext.py, I have typed in at the python prompt;
    >>> import libsip # ok here
    >>> from qt import QWidet # ok here
    >>> from qt import QObject # ok here
    >>> from qt import QPrinter # ok here
    >>> import libqtextc # error here

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    ImportError: libqscintilla.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
    file or directory

    Been through all readme files, tried just about everything.
    Anyone have an idea what's wrong.

    --
    robert
    redhat 9.0
    reh, Jul 27, 2003

  2. reh

    reh Guest

    reh wrote:

    > Have installed on Redhat 9.0 in the following order;
    >
    > Qscintilla
    > sip
    > PyQt
    >
    > When I install eric3 (python install.py), I get this error;
    > Sorry, please install QScintilla and/or reinstall
    > PyQt with QScintilla support.
    >
    > It seems the errors occurs in the install.py file at:
    > from qtext import QextScintilla
    >
    > From qtext.py, I have typed in at the python prompt;

    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    > ImportError: libqscintilla.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
    > file or directory
    > >>>

    > Been through all readme files, tried just about everything.
    > Anyone have an idea what's wrong.

    Forgot to say that the libqscintilla.so.2 is in;
    /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
    and the same path is in my /etc/ld.so.conf
    --
    robert
    redhat 9.0
    reh, Jul 27, 2003

  3. reh

    Greg Fortune Guest

    It sounds like qscintilla was either not detected during the compile process
    of PyQt or the library is not available. My guess would be that the .so
    files did not get copied into the correct place. Check $QTDIR/lib for
    libqscintilla.so.2. If it's not there, go back into the directory in which
    you unpacked qscintilla and copy all the .so files into $QTDIR/lib.

    If $QTDIR isn't set, look for the lib directory in the folllowing places:
    /usr/lib/qt/lib
    /usr/local/lib/qt/lib
    /usr/qt/lib

    Also, make sure that the qt versions match up when you are looking. If in
    doubt, check all qt/lib directories you find.

    Finally, if all that looks good, start the PyQt compile process again and
    make sure it detects and enables qscintilla support.

    Greg Fortune
    Fortune Solutions

    Greg Fortune, Jul 27, 2003
  4. reh wrote:

    > reh wrote:
    >
    >> Have installed on Redhat 9.0 in the following order;
    >>
    >> Qscintilla
    >> sip
    >> PyQt
    >>
    >> When I install eric3 (python install.py), I get this error;
    >> Sorry, please install QScintilla and/or reinstall
    >> PyQt with QScintilla support.
    >>
    >> It seems the errors occurs in the install.py file at:
    >> from qtext import QextScintilla
    >>
    >> From qtext.py, I have typed in at the python prompt;

    >> Traceback (most recent call last):
    >> File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    >> ImportError: libqscintilla.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No
    >> such
    >> file or directory
    >> >>>

    >> Been through all readme files, tried just about everything.
    >> Anyone have an idea what's wrong.
    >>

    > Forgot to say that the libqscintilla.so.2 is in;
    > /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
    > and the same path is in my /etc/ld.so.conf

    Did you do a "ldconfig" after the installation of qscintilla?

    Detlev
    --
    Detlev Offenbach
    Detlev Offenbach, Jul 27, 2003
  5. reh

    reh Guest

    Detlev Offenbach wrote:

    > reh wrote:
    >
    >> reh wrote:
    >>
    >>> Have installed on Redhat 9.0 in the following order;
    >>>
    >>> Qscintilla
    >>> sip
    >>> PyQt
    >>>
    >>> When I install eric3 (python install.py), I get this error;
    >>> Sorry, please install QScintilla and/or reinstall
    >>> PyQt with QScintilla support.
    >>>
    >>> It seems the errors occurs in the install.py file at:
    >>> from qtext import QextScintilla
    >>>
    >>> From qtext.py, I have typed in at the python prompt;
    >>> Traceback (most recent call last):
    >>> File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
    >>> ImportError: libqscintilla.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No
    >>> such
    >>> file or directory
    >>> >>>

    >>> Been through all readme files, tried just about everything.
    >>> Anyone have an idea what's wrong.
    >>>

    >> Forgot to say that the libqscintilla.so.2 is in;
    >> /usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
    >> and the same path is in my /etc/ld.so.conf

    > Did you do a "ldconfig" after the installation of qscintilla?
    >
    > Detlev

    That did it. Thanks!!!

    On first observation eric looks really nice, well done.

    Can't wait to dig in.

    thanks;
    --
    robert