eric3, pyqt, qscintilla - guru needed.

reh

Have installed on Redhat 9.0 in the following order;

Qscintilla
sip
PyQt

When I install eric3 (python install.py), I get this error;
Sorry, please install QScintilla and/or reinstall
PyQt with QScintilla support.

It seems the errors occurs in the install.py file at:
from qtext import QextScintilla

From qtext.py, I have typed in at the python prompt; Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: libqscintilla.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
Been through all readme files, tried just about everything.
Anyone have an idea what's wrong.

reh

reh said:
Have installed on Redhat 9.0 in the following order;

Qscintilla
sip
PyQt

When I install eric3 (python install.py), I get this error;
Sorry, please install QScintilla and/or reinstall
PyQt with QScintilla support.

It seems the errors occurs in the install.py file at:
from qtext import QextScintilla

From qtext.py, I have typed in at the python prompt;
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: libqscintilla.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory

Been through all readme files, tried just about everything.
Anyone have an idea what's wrong.
Forgot to say that the libqscintilla.so.2 is in;
/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
and the same path is in my /etc/ld.so.conf

Greg Fortune

It sounds like qscintilla was either not detected during the compile process
of PyQt or the library is not available. My guess would be that the .so
files did not get copied into the correct place. Check $QTDIR/lib for
libqscintilla.so.2. If it's not there, go back into the directory in which
you unpacked qscintilla and copy all the .so files into $QTDIR/lib.

If $QTDIR isn't set, look for the lib directory in the folllowing places:
/usr/lib/qt/lib
/usr/local/lib/qt/lib
/usr/qt/lib

Also, make sure that the qt versions match up when you are looking. If in
doubt, check all qt/lib directories you find.

Finally, if all that looks good, start the PyQt compile process again and
make sure it detects and enables qscintilla support.

Greg Fortune
Fortune Solutions

Detlev Offenbach

reh said:
Forgot to say that the libqscintilla.so.2 is in;
/usr/lib/qt-3.1/lib
and the same path is in my /etc/ld.so.conf

Did you do a "ldconfig" after the installation of qscintilla?

Detlev

reh

Detlev said:
Did you do a "ldconfig" after the installation of qscintilla?

Detlev

That did it. Thanks!!!

On first observation eric looks really nice, well done.

Can't wait to dig in.

thanks;