Eric3 segfaulting

Discussion in 'Python' started by Geoffrey Clements, Jul 5, 2003.

  1. I'm brand new to Python - just giving it a try but I'm having trouble with
    eric3. This query isn't exactly about the Python language but it is
    related.

    I run KDE on linux so I already have Qt installed. I have installed Python,
    SIP, QScintilla, PyQt and eric3.

    When I run eric3 the fonts in the editor are way too large, so I selected
    preferences to change them but when I hit "OK" I get a segfault whether I
    have made a change or not.

    So I tried to debug eric3 in eric3 but I'm too new at this to be of any use
    :-(.

    I get the following error:
    The debugged program raised the exception unhandled KeyError "19"

    /home/geoff/eric-3.1/eric/Preferences/PreferencesLexer.py, Line: 75

    This line is:
    return self.colours[style]

    which is the end of function color.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    --
    Geoff Registered Linux user 196308
    Replace bitbucket with geoff to mail me.

    Geoffrey Clements, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Geoffrey Clements wrote:

    > Some more info:
    > If I make line 75 a blank line by putting a return in it stills fails on
    > that line!

    oooppss that wasn't right - sorry

    Geoffrey Clements, Jul 5, 2003