Err when insert into microsoft sql server 2000

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mike John, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. Mike John

    Mike John Guest

    I am receiving the following error when insert into the
    table.

    "String or binary data would be truncated. The statement
    has been terminated."

    the following error had occured recently
    the insert sql statement was working fine before.

    I had checked the data size against the field size. the
    data is away smaller then the size of the fields.

    And what's weird: The data I am inserting into the table x
    is from the table x.(I am just duplicating data)

    how can I work around this error?
    What is the cause of this error?

    Sincerely yours

    Mike John
    Mike John, Nov 14, 2003

  2. Mike John

    Rocky Moore Guest

    "Mike John" <> wrote in message
    > I am receiving the following error when insert into the
    > table.
    >
    > "String or binary data would be truncated. The statement
    > has been terminated."
    >
    > the following error had occured recently
    > the insert sql statement was working fine before.
    >
    > I had checked the data size against the field size. the
    > data is away smaller then the size of the fields.
    >
    > And what's weird: The data I am inserting into the table x
    > is from the table x.(I am just duplicating data)
    >
    > how can I work around this error?
    > What is the cause of this error?
    >
    > Sincerely yours
    >

    > Mike John

    Do you by any change have a NCHAR or NVARCHAR in one table and a CHAR or
    NCHAR in the other?

    --
    Rocky Moore
    www.GotTheAnswerToSpam.com