errno 13

Marcia Hon

Hi,

I have created a directory with access: S_IRWXU. In it I have created a file
for appending called log. I would also like to create a file for writing.
However, this is not successful and the errno value that I get as a result
is 13 (EACCES). I don't know how to resolve this.

Thank you for your help.
Marcia Hon

Artie Gold

Marcia said:
Hi,

I have created a directory with access: S_IRWXU. In it I have created a file
for appending called log. I would also like to create a file for writing.
However, this is not successful and the errno value that I get as a result
is 13 (EACCES). I don't know how to resolve this.

Obviously you have not yet figured out that many (if not most) of your
questions deal with subject matter outside of standard C, making them
off topic here in
As before, please use an appropriate system specific newsgroup (in this
case, I suspect for such inquiries.

HTH,
--ag

Marcia Hon

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I figured out what is wrong. I changed the directory to /etc/ and apparently
from that directory I do not have the ability to write files.

Thanks,
Marcia

Mike Wahler

Marcia Hon said:
Hi,

Thanks for your help.

I figured out what is wrong.

That's great, but you're still not listening to what
you're being told.

Your query is *not* topical here.

As I've already asked you more than once, *please* read
(and observe) the group's welcome message at:
http://www.angelfire.com/ms3/bchambless0/welcome_to_clc.html

There are newsgroups which discuss your particular problem,
and they're cited at the above link.

-Mike