    Any ideas on how to resolve this?

    --
    Chris

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3RrNzA=?=, Nov 28, 2005

  2. More error info from Windows Event Log:

    First event:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1089
    Date: 11/17/2005
    Time: 7:14:51 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: WS018408
    Failed to execute the request because the ASP.NET process identity does not
    have read permissions to the global assembly cache. Error: 0x80070005 Access
    is denied.

    Second event:
    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: ASP.NET 2.0.50727.0
    Event Category: None
    Event ID: 1000
    Date: 11/17/2005
    Time: 7:14:51 PM
    User: N/A
    Computer: WS018408
    aspnet_wp.exe (PID: 2380) stopped unexpectedly.

    --
    Chris

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3RrNzA=?=, Nov 28, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Y3RrNzA=?=

    Scott Allen Guest

    On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 10:11:04 -0800, "ctk70"
    <.(donotspam)> wrote:

    >Why does it need access to the GAC?

    That's where all the important runtime assemblies live, like
    System.Web.dll.

    >Any ideas on how to resolve this?

    Here is a list of ACLs the worker process identity will need:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/library/kwzs111e.aspx
    You can adjust ACLs by right clicking on an object and going to the
    Security tab (as an admin).

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com/blogs/scott/