Error 0x80070005 on aspnet_regiis -i

manishkj

Please read carefully, Its aspnet_regiis -i and not aspnet_regiis -c
aspnet_regiis -c works for me.

I tried all options found on google. Also I'm local admin on box. No
article on Microsoft.

Thank you very much.

Manish

MANKJ

I fixed it myself. I thought it might be useful to others.

1. Run FileMon (sysinternals.com)
2. aspnet_regiis generates log files:
C:/WINDOWS/setupapi.log

and C:\Documents and Settings\<domainlogin>\Local
Settings\Temp\1\ASPNETSetup.log

Log files should give you some clue what going on and where you don't
have access, In my case it was event log and registry for ASP.NET 1.1

3. You may have same problem with -c option as well. check if
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ASP.NETClientFiles exists.

4. Use REGMON if required.

Good luck.

Manish.