Error 1609 with Self-Paced Training Kit

Ricardo Magalhães

Hi

I have a trouble trying to install the Developing Web Applications with
Visual Studio .Net
from the MCAD/MCSD self paced traning kit.

I got the follow error:
"Error 1609. An error Ocurred while applying security settings. Users is not
a valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a
problem connecting to a domain controller on network."

I've installed MS Visual Studio Architect Edition and this message apperar
ecah time I try to install this tool..!!

I really appreciate any help

Guest

I don't know for sure here, but that sounds awfully like a Windows Security
issue to me, and it looks like your Users group has been deleted from your
local machine

Ricardo Magalhães

Hi Bill,

You're right. I create an user named User and works nice

Thanks a lot

Ricardo Magalhães

I don't understant your question.

I just create a new user acount named Users in computer management (control
panel->administrative tools), I don´t know why it account wasn´t there.
After that, my self kit instalation was installed sucessfully !

Guest

Doh! that's because, I posted a reply to the wrong question. lol.

this was supposed to be a reply (or question) to a later post entitled
"RichTexBox Control" .. sorry about the confusion :eek:))

Guest

Perhaps, you could click the button to say that this was helpful to you, it
could benefit other users in the community