Error 403.6 when using netbios name

Iwer M?rck

Hi

I'm trying to get started with ASP.NET and have installed the .net
framework and ran into a strange problem.

The name of my PC is imxp01, and when I navigate to http://imxp01/, it
works fine.

But when I navigate to http://imxp01/quickstart, I get then 403.6
error, stating that the IP-address was rejected by the server.

When I navigate to http://localhost/quickstart, it works fine.

I cant seem to fine the reason for this.

Also, when I try to access from another PC, it can't find it at all.

Both PC's are logged onto a linux domain controller.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Iwer Mørck

Guest

it could be something of the following:

1. your firewall on a machine denies external requests
(localhost is internal request and it is always ok)

2. you ran Security Lockdown Kit or anything like this
it sets strong security so it is becoming a problem to access IIS from outside
IIS reinstall could help if you have no knowledge about security tuning