error 80005000 when querying LDAP

Mike

I'm using ASP and CDO to lookup free busy time on an e2k
server. The E2K is locally installed on the IIS server and
I'm having no problems accessing resources like public
folders, mailboxes, etc. When I check Free Busy you have
to access the Active Directory with LDAP. The Domain
Controller is on another server. I am getting error
80005000 whenever I query LDAP. The following code works
perfectly on a server that is a DC, but my production
server is not a DC.

Code snippet #1 (error occurs on If .Checkname(LDAP...):

With CreateObject"CDO.Addressee").
..EmailAddress = objUser.Mail

If .CheckName("LDAP://TheDC/DC=somewhere,DC=com") Then
strFBStatus = .GetFreeBusy(Date1,DateAdd("d",1,Date1),30)

Else
strFBStatus = "0"

End If

End With

I also have the same problem with ADSI, but have found a
way around it by hardcoding a username and pwd to use for
the lookup. Previous to this I was just doing a GetObject
without the OpenDSObject and that worked without
hardcoding the user and pwd.

I have Integrated Windows Authenticaion turned on in my
website, but I think the server is not passing the
credentials to the DC for some reason.

This code works -

Code snippet #2:

Set test = GetObject("LDAP:")
Set grp = test.OpenDSObject
("LDAP://TheDC/CN=Users,DC=somewhere,DC=com", "userx", "abc
123", ADS_SECURE_AUTHENTICATION)

This code doesn't work:
code snippet #3

Set grp = GetObject
("LDAP://TheDC,CN=Users,DC=somewhere,DC=com")