error 80070522 - aspnet_wp.exe could not be started after installa

Guest

Hello,

I am recieving the following error message in the applciation log when I am unsuccessfully trying to run an aspx page;

"aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is 80070522. This error can be caused when the worker process account has insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the .NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation directory allow access to the configured account. "

I have checked the ASP.NET user account security (even tried full control) on the .net directory and tried reinstalling, rebooting...etc as well as the usual trawl around newsgroups but can't seem to crack this one. Does anyone have any advice.

I'm on v1.1.4322.

Thanks.
Steve King

Tamir Khason

Have you AD?

--
Tamir Khason
You want dot.NET? Just ask:

steve king said:
Hello,

I am recieving the following error message in the applciation log when I
am unsuccessfully trying to run an aspx page;
"aspnet_wp.exe could not be started. The error code for the failure is
80070522. This error can be caused when the worker process account has
insufficient rights to read the .NET Framework files. Please ensure that the
..NET Framework is correctly installed and that the ACLs on the installation
directory allow access to the configured account. "
I have checked the ASP.NET user account security (even tried full control)
on the .net directory and tried reinstalling, rebooting...etc as well as the
usual trawl around newsgroups but can't seem to crack this one. Does anyone
have any advice.

Guest

Hi,
check this in your system

DRIVE:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Drive nd version may vary depending upon your installation.

Guest

Hi John Paul,

Thanks for that but unfortunatly the permissions cascaided to there anyway. I'm going to try to reinstall iis and see how it goes from there, have a good weekend.

Steve