error 91

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by abcd, Jun 1, 2005.

  1. abcd

    abcd Guest

    I am using asp page and a VB component

    VB component has a simple method which inserts a record into Access databse

    like

    Dim conn As New ADODB.Connection
    Dim cmd As New ADODB.Command
    conn.Open strDSN
    Set cmd.ActiveConnection = conn
    cmd.CommandType = adCmdText

    strQuery = "Insert into Table1 values ("
    strQuery = strQuery + "'" & strID & "',"
    strQuery = strQuery + "'" & strName & "')"

    cmd.CommandText = strQuery

    cmd.Execute

    <after this command I get error 91>

    When I test my component from another VB cient then it works great but
    getting error 91 when called from ASP

    any clues...

    thanks in advance

    abcd, Jun 1, 2005

  2. abcd

    abcd Guest

    I have found the solution....

    my .mdb files needs to have IUSR_<MACHINENAME> permissions !!!

    cheers !

    abcd, Jun 1, 2005

  3. database permissions ?

    http://www.powerasp.com/content/new/windows_2003_server_and_permissions.asp