Error accessing MS Access database with Linked Tables on fileshare

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by =?Utf-8?B?UMOlbCBFaWxlcnRzZW4=?=, Apr 21, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I have a ASP.Net application that uses a MS Access database. The site works
    fine when all databases resides locally but on my public server I need to use
    a different database where the main databasefile resides locally but also has
    tables linked that resides on a fileshare/network drive.

    When I try to run my app I know get an:
    'database.mdb' is not a valid path. Make sure that the path name is spelled
    correctly and that you are connected to the server on which the file resides.
    The database.mdb file is one that resides on the fileshare.

    I suspect that this has something to do with permissions on the remote
    machine but I don not understand what I need to do. I have tried to use
    impersonation by adding the <identity impersonate="true" /> tag to the
    web.config file but that only seems to work on my win XP machine running IIS
    5.1. When I try to do the same on the server (Win2K running IIS 5.0) I get an
    "Unspecified error" when calling Connection.Open().

    Does someone know a solution? Am I even posting this on the right forum?

    Best regards
    PÃ¥l Eilertsen

    =?Utf-8?B?UMOlbCBFaWxlcnRzZW4=?=, Apr 21, 2006