Error adding web reference...proxy settings?

Doug Swanson

I get the following error when I try and add a webreference that is on my
local machine...http://localhost/myapp/myservice.asmx
"The proxy settings on this computer are not configured correctly for web
discovery." I can bring up my local .asmx file in the "Add Web Reference"
window and if I put the ?wsdl on the end it is the proper wsdl that is being
generated....I'm not that well versed on the proxy stuff...in my
IE->tools->Options->connections->lansettings the Proxy Server checkbox is
UNCHECKED. I did a fair amount of development with webservices awhile ago
and I didn't have any problems but now I can't seem to add ANY web
reference...I've even tried picking one from the UDDI search...I get the
same error....we did change offices and we do have a new router...any
thoughts?

thanks
Doug

--