Error adding web reference...proxy settings?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Doug Swanson, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Doug Swanson

    Doug Swanson Guest

    I get the following error when I try and add a webreference that is on my
    local machine...http://localhost/myapp/myservice.asmx
    "The proxy settings on this computer are not configured correctly for web
    discovery." I can bring up my local .asmx file in the "Add Web Reference"
    window and if I put the ?wsdl on the end it is the proper wsdl that is being
    generated....I'm not that well versed on the proxy stuff...in my
    IE->tools->Options->connections->lansettings the Proxy Server checkbox is
    UNCHECKED. I did a fair amount of development with webservices awhile ago
    and I didn't have any problems but now I can't seem to add ANY web
    reference...I've even tried picking one from the UDDI search...I get the
    same error....we did change offices and we do have a new router...any
    thoughts?

    thanks
    Doug

    --