Error after publishing site: The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'Positi

Allan Ebdrup

I have a asp.net v2 website that runs fine on our development server. I have
published the website to a stage server and it runs fine, but when I publish
it to production I get the following error:
The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource
'PositionPostingsDataSource' could not be found.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The type specified in
the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'PositionPostingsDataSource' could
not be found.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: The type specified in the TypeName property of
ObjectDataSource 'PositionPostingsDataSource' could not be found.]
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.GetType(String typeName)
+1261639
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments
arguments) +1936
System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments,
DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +17
System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls()
+69
System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.91; ASP.NET
Version:2.0.50727.210

The dll that contains the type that can't be found, is the same version as
the dll on the development server and on the stage server.

Has anyone got any hints to what could cause this error.