Error after publishing site: The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'Positi

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Allan Ebdrup, May 2, 2007.

  1. Allan Ebdrup

    Allan Ebdrup Guest

    I have a asp.net v2 website that runs fine on our development server. I have
    published the website to a stage server and it runs fine, but when I publish
    it to production I get the following error:
    The type specified in the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource
    'PositionPostingsDataSource' could not be found.

    Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: The type specified in
    the TypeName property of ObjectDataSource 'PositionPostingsDataSource' could
    not be found.

    Source Error:

    Stack Trace:

    [InvalidOperationException: The type specified in the TypeName property of
    ObjectDataSource 'PositionPostingsDataSource' could not be found.]
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.GetType(String typeName)
    +1261639
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ObjectDataSourceView.ExecuteSelect(DataSourceSelectArguments
    arguments) +1936
    System.Web.UI.DataSourceView.Select(DataSourceSelectArguments arguments,
    DataSourceViewSelectCallback callback) +17
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataBoundControl.PerformSelect() +149
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.DataBind() +70
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.GridView.DataBind() +4
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataBoundControl.EnsureDataBound() +82
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.CompositeDataBoundControl.CreateChildControls()
    +69
    System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +87
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint,
    Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1360

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.91; ASP.NET
    Version:2.0.50727.210

    The dll that contains the type that can't be found, is the same version as
    the dll on the development server and on the stage server.

    Has anyone got any hints to what could cause this error.
    Allan Ebdrup, May 2, 2007

  2. Allan Ebdrup

    Allan Ebdrup Guest

    Found the problem, ignore my post.