Error after reinstalling IIS

AH

Hi, I have this problem that seek help from anyone who could offer.
I have been working on the web application on VS 2003 till lately where the
"view in browser" start to hang (even a single label aspx). Been impulsive,
I went to control panel and removed the IIS and reinstall it again.
thereafter, whenever I work on the web application or create a new one, it
will say "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified web server is
not running ASP.NET version 1.1 You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
applications or services".
Web App on VS 2002 is ok ... what a nightmare ... I work thru' Microsoft
website support, tried the suggestion of running "ASPNET_REGIIS -i", etc.
don't seem to work and I'm now stuck in VS2002 ...
Help please..

Thank you,

Albert

Peter van der Goes

AH said:
Hi, I have this problem that seek help from anyone who could offer.
I have been working on the web application on VS 2003 till lately where the
"view in browser" start to hang (even a single label aspx). Been impulsive,
I went to control panel and removed the IIS and reinstall it again.
thereafter, whenever I work on the web application or create a new one, it
will say "Visual Studio .NET has detected that the specified web server is
not running ASP.NET version 1.1 You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web
applications or services".
Web App on VS 2002 is ok ... what a nightmare ... I work thru' Microsoft
website support, tried the suggestion of running "ASPNET_REGIIS -i", etc.
don't seem to work and I'm now stuck in VS2002 ...
Help please..

Thank you,

Albert
It sounds as if you have both VS.NET 2002 and VS.NET 2003 installed,
correct? When you uninstalled IIS, you destroyed the mapping to both Visual
Studios. When you ran the regiis commands, did you do them for both 2002 and
2003 (the commands are different)?
From Knowledge Base Article #306005:
"To repair IIS mappings for ASP.NET, you can run the
Aspnet_regiis.exe utility. To do so, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type cmd, and then click OK.
At the command prompt, type

"%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<version>\aspnet_regiis.exe" -i,
and then click OK. In this path, <version> represents the
version
number of the .NET Framework that you installed on your
server.
You must replace this placeholder with the actual version
number
when you type the command.

Note To repair IIS mappings for ASP.NET, you must correctly
register
the Aspnet_isapi.dll. To do so, follow these steps:
Click Start, and then click Run.
Type regsvr32
%windir%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\<version>\aspnet_isapi.dll,
and
then click OK. Regsvr32 returns the results of the
registration."

Note the <version>. You would have had to run the commands above for both
your .NET Framework versions to restore all the mappings.
If you did all that and it still doesn't work, I have had success in the
past with uninstalling, then reinstalling the .NET Framework v1.1 to restore
mappings to IIS.