    Somebody can help?
    Thanks
    Alexandre
    =?Utf-8?B?QWxleGFuZHJl?=, Apr 23, 2006

  2. "Alexandre" wrote:

    > Hi!
    > I receive this error in my webapp:
    >
    > Ambiguous match found.
    > At line:
    > Line 1: <%@ page language="C#"
    > masterpagefile="~/memberscontents/master_interna.master"
    > autoeventwireup="true" inherits="members_contents_user_profile,
    > App_Web_user_profile.aspx.73f80179" title="Untitled Page" %>
    >
    > Somebody can help?
    > Thanks
    > Alexandre

    I am having the same problem but only on 1 site did you get any where in
    sloving the issue?
    =?Utf-8?B?QXVieW9uZQ==?=, May 12, 2006

  3. Hi,

    It seems like you have two variables in your page that differ only in the
    case. For example, in your aspx page, you might have

    <asp:TextBox ID="UserID" runat="server"/>

    and in the code behind file you might have

    private Int32 userID = 0;

    Note that in my example, even though the variables have different
    accessiblity and types, the variable names are similar (the difference is
    only in the case).

    In my opinion, this is a bug - C# is case sensitive and the above code is
    perfectly legal from the point of view of the C# compiler. This explains why
    it works as intended from within the VS 2005 IDE. The aspnet_compiler too
    does not report any errors when you try to compile you website. However, some
    error in the reflection mechanism causes a case insensitive search and that
    is the reason for this "Ambiguous match found." error.

    Try going through your code carefully and get change variable names that
    differ only in their case. You should be fine.

    Jim Chundevalel

    =?Utf-8?B?SmltIENodW5kZXZhbGVs?=, May 19, 2006
  4. I did think of but it very had to find when you have to look through a number
    of 2-3 tiered inheritance classes but I could not find anything will have a
    closer look.

    This appication is on 6 sites and it is only one is giving be the trouble?

    Any other thing it could be.

    =?Utf-8?B?QXVieW9uZQ==?=, May 20, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?QWxleGFuZHJl?=

    OnPreInit

    Joined:
    Oct 1, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    Fix - Use MS Build Tasks

    You can download a custom build task to catch this at compile time - search for this error at OnPreInit dot com.
    OnPreInit, Oct 1, 2009