error Application has genarated an exception that cannot be handled in vb.net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Ajith Nair, Aug 18, 2005.

  1. Ajith Nair

    Ajith Nair Guest

    Hi,

    when i run the application following error is coming.

    ICS.EXE Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

    Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

    Process id=0xdec (3564), Thread id=0xdf0 (3568)

    When I click CANCEL to debug, I get this error-message:

    No debugger found.

    Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT

    debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2).

    Please check computer settings.

    cordbg.exe !a 0xdec

    Help!!

    I've used the search and couldn't find the answer. For one user this

    problem was fixed by downloading the .net-framework, but I already have it

    installed.

    Please write to me if you know the solution.

    Thanks in advance
    Ajith

    Edwin E. Smith, Aug 18, 2005

  3. Hi

    Have you tried searching for any viruses on your computer. I had the
    same error and I found that my machine had the maslan.a virus. It was
    running a process ___r.exe when I looked in task manager.

    Hope this helps.

    Paul Kitching, Aug 24, 2005
  4. Ajith Nair

    Ajith Nair Guest

    Hi,

    then main problem is I am not able to register "MSComm" class which is
    ActiveX control in some machines which don't have COM port. is there any
    solution for the same ?

    Thanks in advance,

    B Regards
    Ajith