error Application has genarated an exception that cannot be handled in vb.net

Ajith Nair

Hi,

when i run the application following error is coming.

ICS.EXE Common Language Runtime Debugging Services

Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.

Process id=0xdec (3564), Thread id=0xdf0 (3568)

When I click CANCEL to debug, I get this error-message:

No debugger found.

Registered JIT debugger is not available. An attempt to launch a JIT

debugger with the following command resulted in an error code of 0x2 (2).

Please check computer settings.

cordbg.exe !a 0xdec

Help!!

I've used the search and couldn't find the answer. For one user this

problem was fixed by downloading the .net-framework, but I already have it

installed.

Please write to me if you know the solution.

Thanks in advance
Ajith

Edwin E. Smith

I'm just guessing but I think this went away when I installed the .NET SDK.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A6-3647-4070-9F41-A333C6B9181D&displaylang=en

[...]

Paul Kitching

Hi

Have you tried searching for any viruses on your computer. I had the
same error and I found that my machine had the maslan.a virus. It was
running a process ___r.exe when I looked in task manager.

Hope this helps.

Ajith Nair

Hi,

then main problem is I am not able to register "MSComm" class which is
ActiveX control in some machines which don't have COM port. is there any
solution for the same ?

Thanks in advance,

B Regards
Ajith