Error: 'ASPNETDB.MDF' cannot be upgraded

Bendik Engebretsen

I have made an ASP.NET 2.0 WebSite using the 'Personal WEB site' starter
kit. It runs fine on my XP machine where I have the VStudio.NET 2005 Beta
installed.

But if I try to run it from our Win 2003 Server I get the following error:

"Database 'D:\WEBSITES\BENDIK\APP_DATA\ASPNETDB.MDF' cannot be upgraded
because it is read-only or has read-only files. Make the database or files
writeable, and rerun recovery.
An attempt to attach an auto-named database for file
d:\customers\bendik\App_Data\aspnetdb.mdf failed. A database with the same
name exists, or specified file cannot be opened, or it is located on UNC
share."

I get this error only when running the site in IE on the server. If I try to
browse it from an other machine, I get a general errror saying that the
detailed error message is only showed when running on the server.

I have installed the .NET 2.0 framework and the SQLServer Express 2005 on
the server. I have specified ASP.NET 2.0 for the site on the server, and I
have given 'Read' and 'Write' access on the virtual directory.

Any hints for an ASP beginner ?
Bendik