error BC30652: Reference required to assembly

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Sam Vanderstraeten, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    - VB.NET
    - Visual Studio 2002
    - 2 Solutions

    - Next errormessages in tasklist:
    ----------------------------
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\myProject\BlahBlah.vb(92): Reference required to assembly
    'ClassFormConfig' containing the type
    'ClassFormConfig.ClassCheckControlType'. Add one to your project.
    ----------------------------

    - Next errormessage in Output-Window:
    ----------------------------
    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\myProject\BlahBlah.vb(92): error BC30652: Reference
    required to assembly 'ClassFormConfig' containing the type
    'ClassFormConfig.ClassCheckControlType'. Add one to your project.
    ----------------------------

    It look clear what this means, but the Class "ClassCheckControlType" is in
    the same project en is declared as public!

    Solution A contains:

    ++++++ Class1.VB +++++++
    Public Class ClassCheckControlType
    BlahBlah...
    End Class
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

    and

    ++++++ Class2.VB +++++++
    Public Class CallMe
    Dim myObj As New CreateDropDown()
    Dim huidigeControl As New ClassCheckControlType()

    myObj.BuildDropDownlist(huidigeControl)
    End Class
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

    Solution B contains:

    ++++++ Class3.VB +++++++
    Imports ClassFormConfig

    Public Class CreateDropDown
    Public Sub BuildDropDownlist(ByVal incomingObject As ClassCheckControlType)
    End Sub
    End Class
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++

    All references are made, what can be wrong? I can reach the properties and
    methods from that class but why do I get that error?

    Kind regards,
    Sam

    Sam Vanderstraeten, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Hi

    To correct this error

    Add project reference for the dependent types in the
    project.

    Ravikanth[MVP]

    Ravikanth[MVP], Aug 11, 2003

  3. Hi,

    Thanks for your reply, but I made a reference to that type... It is possible
    to reach it's properties, so I think the reference is made correct...
    I want to transport one object from one solution to another, so I made a
    reference in that destination-solution.
    What else could this be?

    Sam

    Sam Vanderstraeten, Aug 11, 2003