Error BC31019: Unable to write to output file '<filename>'

J

Joel Finkel

Folks,

I am unable to execute any ASPX files on a Windows 2000 Server, running as a Primary Domain Controller.

The error is "Error BC31019: Unable to write to output file '<filename>'"

By auditing access to the directory into which files are being written, I can confirm that the IUSR_<machineName> account is able to create the all the required sub-directories and files EXCEPT the DLL file.

For example, trying to execute a simply ASPX file resutls in this error:

Compiler Error Message: BC31019: Unable to write to output file 'C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\nimn\b5425b4b\1f833bfe\qewp9gin.dll': The directory name is invalid.

In fact, the directory exists and is valid. If files are deleted, they are recreated. Only the DLL file cannot be created.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Joel Finkel
(e-mail address removed)

J

Joel Finkel

Correction:

IWAM_<machineName> is creating the files, not IUSR_<machineName>, as I mis-stated.
Folks,

I am unable to execute any ASPX files on a Windows 2000 Server, running as a Primary Domain Controller.

The error is "Error BC31019: Unable to write to output file '<filename>'"

By auditing access to the directory into which files are being written, I can confirm that the IUSR_<machineName> account is able to create the all the required sub-directories and files EXCEPT the DLL file.

For example, trying to execute a simply ASPX file resutls in this error:

Compiler Error Message: BC31019: Unable to write to output file 'C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\nimn\b5425b4b\1f833bfe\qewp9gin.dll': The directory name is invalid.

In fact, the directory exists and is valid. If files are deleted, they are recreated. Only the DLL file cannot be created.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Joel Finkel
(e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question