Error binding to target method

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Oenone, Jun 7, 2005.

  1. Oenone

    Oenone Guest

    I'm developing an ASP.NET project which calls into several VB.NET DLLs. I'm
    running the ASP.NET and the DLL projects in a single solution to allow me to
    easily develop and debug the DLLs.

    However I'm having a problem running the project with the Common Language
    Runtime exceptions set to Break into the debugger. This is the mode in which
    I normally run my projects as it allows me to immediately see what's
    happening whenever an exception is thrown.

    When I start my project with the debugger in this mode, the following error
    appears in the IDE as soon as I interact with the application from my web
    browser:

    A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in
    mscorlib.dll

    Additional information: Error binding to target method.

    When I click the Break button, a further dialog window appears:

    There is no source code available for the current location.

    I can then stop the project and re-run it, and it'll work fine. But as soon
    as I stop it and run it a second time, the error comes back. So every second
    run of the code generates this error.

    If I switch the exceptions to Continue mode, this problem doesn't occur at
    all.

    Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I can do about it?

    My thanks in advance,

    --

    (O)enone
    Oenone, Jun 7, 2005