error C2099: initializer is not a constant

Discussion in 'C++' started by skyworld, May 28, 2008.

  1. skyworld

    skyworld Guest

    Hi,

    I defined such parameters in test.h to setup my GUID for driver
    application GUI:

    DEFINE_GUID(CY_DEVICE_ORIGINAL,
    0xfeca14b8, 0x9796, 0x452c, 0xac, 0x3b, 0x87, 0x8c, 0x9e, 0xbd, 0x54,
    0x2b);

    GUID CY_DEVICE = CY_DEVICE_ORIGINAL;

    But when I compile the project with visual c++, I got such message:

    error C2099: initializer is not a constant

    which indicates there is something wrong with "GUID CY_DEVICE =
    CY_DEVICE_ORIGINAL". Can anybody help me to understand this? Thanks
    very much.

    skyworld, May 28, 2008