error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'

Discussion in 'C++' started by kalpana.sinduria@patni.com, Dec 14, 2004.

  1. Guest

    Hi all,

    how to remove the following complle error.
    When I compiling the code I get the following errors:

    Compiling...
    CDrtEachDefFeat.cpp
    d:\ include\common\cdrtintegfeat.h(39) : error C2143: syntax error :
    missing ';' before '*'
    d:\ include\common\cdrtintegfeat.h(39) : error C2501: 'CDrtEachDefFeat'
    : missing storage-class or type specifiers
    d:\ include\common\cdrtintegfeat.h(39) : error C2501:
    'm_pdrtEachDefFeat' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

    In code the files are included in the order, CDrtEachDefFeat has #
    include "CDrtTeachData" and so on...

    CDrtEachDefFeat

    |__ __CDrtTeachData

    |__ __CDrtIntegFeat

    |__ __CDrtEachDefFeat

    Code is:

    ==========Start of CDrtEachDefFeat.h================

    #if !defined(COMMON_CDRTEACHDEFFEAT_H)
    #define COMMON_CDRTEACHDEFFEAT_H

    #include "CDrtTeachData.h"
    /* member function of CdrtEachDefFeat class uses, class CdrtTeachData
    as input parameter. */

    namespace Common
    {

    class DLL_EXPORT CDrtEachDefFeat

    #endif

    ==========End of CDrtEachDefFeat.h================

    ==========Start of CDrtIntegFeat.h================

    #if !defined(COMMON_CDRTINTEGFEAT_H)
    #define COMMON_CDRTINTEGFEAT_H

    #include "CDrtEachDefFeat.h"
    namespace Common
    {

    class DLL_EXPORT CDrtIntegFeat
    {
    CDrtEachDefFeat *m_pdrtEachDefFeat;

    #endif

    ==========End of CDrtIntegFeat.h================

    ==========Start of CDrtTeachData.h================

    #if !defined(COMMON_CDRTTEACHDATA_H)
    #define COMMON_CDRTTEACHDATA_H

    #include "CDrtIntegFeat.h"
    /* member function of CDrtTeachData class, uses class CDrtIntegFeat as
    input parameter. */
    namespace Common
    {

    class DLL_EXPORT CDrtTeachData

    #endif

    ==========End of CDrtTeachData.h================
    , Dec 14, 2004

  2. Swampmonster Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > how to remove the following complle error.
    > When I compiling the code I get the following errors:

    Look through your code again, find it yourself, get a cookie. It's
    really so basic, if you don't learn to find that one yourself you're not
    gonna make it ;)
    bye, 'monster
    Swampmonster, Dec 14, 2004

  3. wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > how to remove the following complle error.
    > When I compiling the code I get the following errors:

    You need a ; after a definition of a class. For example
    <snip>
    > namespace Common
    > {
    >
    > class DLL_EXPORT CDrtEachDefFeat
    > {
    > }; <- here!
    >
    > }
    > #endif

    However, I have no idea what DLL_EXPORT means, it's some freakish
    windows thing, and might be adding to your problems...

    Chris
    Chris Jefferson, Dec 14, 2004