Error changing panel properties when it contains a TreeView or Menu

gilak

In VS2005, when changing the propery of any panels containing a
TreeView or Menu I get the following error:

Error parsing control: Object reference not set to an instance of an
objec ..

Does anyone aware of a workaround to this problem?

ca8msm

Can you supply more information, such as the aspx code for the Panels
as well as the code which is producing the error?

gilak

Can you supply more information, such as the aspx code for the Panels
as well as the code which is producing the error?

No code is involved. I just drop a panel onto a webfrom and then a
treeview or menu control within the panel. If i change any property of
the panel such as background colour I get thhe following error:

Error parsing control: Object reference not set to an instance of an
objec ..

I think this problem surfaced after I applied sp1. Any idea how can I
uninstall sp1. Ii does not appear in the list of installled software
in Add Remove Program.