Error Client Calling Web Service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by deeelpea@gmail.com, May 18, 2006.

  1. Guest

    My Web Service is built in VS 2005 (.NET 2.0), and it runs on my
    workstation. It also implements WSE 3.0, but I am not running it as
    self-hosted I am hosting it through IIS.

    On the same switch, I have a lap top that runs a client application
    built in VS 2003 (.NET 1.1) that calls my Web Service. The client is
    able to connect and make calls to my Web Service with no problems.

    However, I have a different workstation on the same switch that has a
    VS 2005 (.NET 2.0) client application whose connection to my web
    service is unreliable. When this client is able to connect and call
    the Web Service the responses are unbelievably slow.
    (Slow as in 9 minutes to make 1000 calls versus 5 seconds to make 100
    calls by the lap top application mentioned earlier)
    Sometimes, the client makes a Web Service call and gets the following
    exception:

    The request failed with HTTP status 407: Proxy Authentication Required
    (The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access
    to the Web Proxy service is denied. ).

    How is this possible if two minutes prior the client was able to talk
    to the Server? Also, why would the connection responses be so slow for
    the .NET 2.0 client and quick for the .NET 1.1 client?

    In IIS I have "Allow Anonymous Access" selected and none of the
    Authentication options are set. In the web.config file of the Web
    Service, there is the following as well: "<authentication
    mode="None"/>".

    Any answer to these issues would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance,

    DLP

    , May 18, 2006